In today's world, the resonance of the disease, osteochondrosis is difficult to overestimate. Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is much more common than in other departments of vertebrate animals. This disease, in varying degrees, almost all people older than twenty-five years.
Cervical osteochondrosis develops mainly due to lack of exercise, which is especially conducive to historical transition of man from physical work to intellectual, the, if, to a reasonable extent, accompanied the execution of the work in a sitting position.
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is spine degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the neck, resulting in the defeat of the intervertebral discs, what is the General rule for the disease osteochondrosis. Since this part of the spine is due to their very nature, fairly agile, but vulnerable due to the weak developed muscular corset, so that any negative influence on the neck or the back, looks bad in the first line on the neck. Due to the fact that degenerative changes develop most frequently in the mobile divisions of the vertebrate animals, the suffering in the neck area, most commonly the nerves of the C5...C7 on the level.
Because the symptoms of cervical degenerative disc disease are highly inconsistent, then they will not be always the symptoms of this disease, which very often leads to the treatment by specialists of other areas of medicine. We do not consider you a lot more.
Cervical osteochondrosis and its symptoms
In view of the fact that the cervical spine is quite compact, in comparison with its other departments, which also is no great tension of the muscles in the neck, or displacement of the vertebral body of the cervical spine, can result in squeezing or pinching of the nerve roots, which are subjected to and also the blood vessels in this Department. Now, osteophytes – bony growths in the treatment as "the deposition of salts", and in the conditions of the development of the disease, osteochondrosis, as a consequence, the only to a significant worsening of a disease.
Clinical symptoms of the disease, osteochondrosis, i.e. the symptoms can be divided in Reflex radicular symptoms and signs of cervical degenerative disc disease.
Reflex symptoms of cervical degenerative disc disease
The Reflex symptoms of cervical degenerative disc disease, so-called, "back pain", expressed in the sudden occurrence of acute pain in the neck and significantly increasing in all movements. In view of this, patients often an involuntary, is the most convenient, the Position of the head. In addition, it is possible and the emergence of a typical "crackle" when turning or other movements of the head.
In the case of the disease, osteochondrosis, patients often headache, which compress the and irradium in the eyeballs or temporal part of the head. experience In addition, sometimes the sharpness of the visual perception of fall can see, such as "I".
Also may develop the syndrome of the vertebral artery, if it is irritated nerve plexus, which is very often due to dizziness in patients incorrectly diagnosed with circulatory disorders of the brain. This Symptom of cervical degenerative disc disease can be a head in the violent movements and complicated nausea and possible vomiting.
Apart from the above mentioned, the Reflex symptoms of cervical degenerative disc disease is cardiac syndrome, in which a sensation similar to that of Angina attacks is. But such a manifestation of degenerative disc symptoms diseases in General, combined with a complex, and other symptoms of this disease, so that difficulties in the establishment of the correct diagnosis is not usually caused.
Radicular symptoms of cervical degenerative disc disease
Radicular symptoms of cervical degenerative disk disease, usually at the end of the spine caused by the compression of the cerebrospinal nerves. In this case, sensitive disorders, effects on motor functions, depends on, which hurt, specifically, the nerve root, namely:
- C1 – decreased sensitivity in the area of the neck;
- C2 – appearance of pain in the parietal or occipital region of the head;
- C3 – violation of the sensitivity and the occurrence of pain in the area of the neck, where there is a violation of Cerebro spinal spinal book, it is quite possible that impairment of the speech, in terms of the loss of sensibility of the language and the control over them;
- C4 – the emergence of pain and decreased sensitivity in the shoulder-shoulder blade-back area, as well as pain in the area of the heart and liver, while reduced muscle tone of the neck and respiratory system, possible disturbances of the respiratory function;
- C5 – decrease in sensitivity and the occurrence of pain on the outer surface of the Humerus;
- C6 – pain, irradium of the cervical spine, the shoulder blade on the outer surface of the shoulder, forearm and further away from the beam wrist to the big toe hands;
- C7 – same pain, as in the case of the C6, but irradium from the shoulder blade on the back shoulder, and the forearm to 2..4. Fingers of the Hand, with a decrease in the sensitivity in the area of pain;
- C8 – decrease the sensitivity and pain from the neck to the shoulder, and from the forearm to the Hand the little Finger.
Cervical osteochondrosis and its treatment
Cervical osteochondrosis – this is a fairly complex and extremely unpleasant disease, for which treatment is required, the consistency, the duration and take place in stages. Therapeutic treatment of cervical degenerative disc disease, mainly symptoms of cervical degenerative disc disease and elimination of the inflammation in the neck area aims to the complete cessation of the painful, the affected suffer.
Patients in the treatment of cervical degenerative disc disease, treatment with classical analgesics. Although lately very popular in the treatment of degenerative disc of the neck disorders of the spine and also don't use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pain effectively relieves and reduces the activity of the inflammation.
Among other things, in the treatment of cervical degenerative disc disease, and chondroprotectors, will slow down the process of tissue destruction of the cartilage and, in the opinion of many experts, is also conducive to the process of Regeneration. In addition, patients an application of vitamins, the metabolism in the body of the patient.
But the use of Outdoor-gels or ointments for the treatment of cervical degenerative disc disease – not effective, but the meaning, as, when rubbed into the skin and Massage the cervical area of the spine.
In addition, with traditional medical treatment of cervical degenerative disc disease physical therapy and, in particular, is especially effective is the use of magnetic field therapy by means of special medical devices, such as the local apparatus, ' s most popular-deserved fame in the professional world, and patients are combinable. Also, in addition to the above, therapeutic Massage, physiotherapy, and manual therapy. But, in particularly severe cases, you may need to and prompt surgical Intervention.
The prophylaxis of osteochondrosis
Even the prevention of cervical degenerative disc disease is not complicated. Recommended:
- maintain an active and healthy life style,
- Sport, or at least morning exercises,
- the competent organization of the workplace,
- the observance of the regime of work and rest,
- in case of prolonged work in a sitting position during working hours, a few times a Training session and ensure the correct Position of the head and body posture during work.
Also important is the choice of a comfortable pillow and mattress to sleep on. But those who are already suffering from this disease, it is strongly recommended that the daily application for a restful night's sleep specialized orthopedic products.