What do deforming arthrosis of the hip joint and why he is
Osteoarthritis of the hip joint (also known under the name of osteoarthritis and deforming arthrosis of the hip joint) is one of the most commonly diagnosed diseases of the musculoskeletal System. In Russia, this disease is the most common cause of work disability in people with diseases of the joints.
Osteoarthritis — a chronic inflammation of the hip joint, by the premature destruction of cartilage, joint space narrowing, and a reduction in the mobility of the legs on the part of the defeat.
Image Problem of people suffer from arthrosis of the hip joint, one can compare it with a door, the hinges are not lubricated. Due to the lack of "lubrication" within the bone, use of the joint abut each other, which causes pain and stiffness (like the guns and close-door-on-the-go). Later, to ignore when the disease, the bony surfaces of excesses ("rust") were developed, the more the movement limit in the joint, and in the case of a negative outcome, he no longer fulfill its function.
In General, it is assumed that the osteoarthritis of the hip joint — the age class Problem. The statistics confirmed this view: after 40 years, a diagnosis of ten is, after 60 years, one out of three patients, and in persons over 70, osteoarthritis is shown in 80% of cases. But often, pain in the hip carry in the office orthopedists and young people.
So, among the causes of osteoarthritis of the hip joint, the following are the most important:
- congenital development disorders (dysplasia) of the joint, which can in any case show up until adulthood;
- premature wear of the joints, of the learning due to the intense loads at sport, or being overweight;
- Injuries and infections, the impact on the musculoskeletal system;
- other diseases of the musculoskeletal system that give rise to a pathological redistribution of the load on the joints;
- Circulatory disorders of the joint (e.g., due to atherosclerosis of the blood vessels).
Doctors believe that osteoarthritis of the hip joint leading to a combination of factors, so that people with a predisposition to this disease, the pathological process occurs, as well as in patients with obesity, Diabetes mellitus, or ischemic lesions of the heart.
The symptoms of coxarthrosis
The first sign of osteoarthritis is pain after physical exertion is. Abnormal sensations occur, such as in the groin, in the thigh, and king's meadow.
It is important
Often in the case of coxarthrosis pain, initially concentrated in the knee joint, and the man turns to the doctor with such a complaint. An inexperienced doctor may x-ray a this area and with only minor changes to false diagnosis — osteoarthritis of the knee 1. Degree. As a result, the time is missed. So when the pain in the legs, the time should search for a competent physician-orthopedic surgeon and a good orthopedic clinic take.
If coxarthrosis you start not treated early, to get pain the following symptoms: stiffness and crunching in the joints, a change of pace (often in order to avoid unpleasant sensations, the patient will develop a leg to the outside and waddle formed when you go from page to page — "duck" gait, lameness. With the time of pathological process leads to the atrophy of the thigh muscles and the visual shortening of the affected limb. In the later stages of osteoarthritis of the hip develops in the ankylosis — Full-Splice thigh bone with the pelvis, so that the foot in a fixed Position and has only the function of the support.
The extent of the disease
For the convenience of the doctor's diagnosis three degrees of osteoarthritis can be distinguished:
- 1, the degree of osteoarthritis of the hip joint is in moderate painful manifestations and the lack of stiffness in the movements. In the x-ray image of a slight hinge gap, and a single bony outgrowths, osteophytes. With adequate treatment of the osteoarthritis of 1 degree, you can stop by the symptoms of the disease.
- 2 degree coxarthrosis accompanied by aching pain in the idle state, legs. Movement in the joint disabled: a man can't lift and dissipate leg to the side. Especially great is the pain when you try to extend the foot, not bent legs to the right and to the left. The Patient limps, sometimes audible crunching in the joint. On the x-ray images — the Deformation of the femoral head, numerous osteophytes and joint space narrowing on a third. Therapeutic measures can suspend the course of the disease for years to come.
- In the case of 3 degrees of osteoarthritis pain in the joint subsides around the clock, the atrophy of the muscles of the thigh and po — of the whole body of the people seems to be warped in the direction of the lesion. An x-ray indicates a depth of Deformation of the joint and narrowing of the gap until the full connection of bone surfaces. The therapeutic approach is not to give in, as a rule, a noticeable effect requires a joint replacement prosthesis.
For the diagnosis of deformed osteoarthritis is considered to be a or external examination, the doctor will assess the mobility of the legs, gait, and enhances the appearance of the patient, and radiography. If you are in doubt as to the accuracy of a diagnostics specialist, in addition a direction on the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the hip joint.
As for the treatment of osteoarthritis of the hip joint
The battle with the hip requires the integration of different techniques, from medications and physical therapy, to the classes of the extension of the joint, and the Operation prescribed in the rule, if the unsuccessful attempts to reverse the progression of the disease to reverse.
Non-surgical treatment requires time and financial effort, but it can improve the quality of life of the patient, and in the long term, cancel the need for surgical operations. The first thing the orthopedist writes the patients with hip medications, not relieves pain and inflammation (non-steroidal and steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, muscle relaxants). For the activation of the blood supply in the area of osteoarthritis and cartilage prescribe medication repair, vasodilators, and chondroprotectors. In addition, the patients were able to offer, the modern methods of Stimulation of regenerative processes — plazmolifting, i.e., the injection of blood components to the patient in the pathological focus. These measures are most effective in osteoarthritis of the hip joint 1 and 2 severity.
Non-surgical methods of treatment
In addition to pills, ointments and injections treatment of osteoarthritis requires the use of physiotherapy and kinesiotherapy, as well as the correction of the diet. The strategy of the help of an experienced orthopedic surgeon, offers people with 1 and 2 degrees of osteoarthritis of the hip joint, to limit the field of arthroplasty and the need for drugs.
- Shock wave therapy (UHT) is in cardiology, neurology, orthopedics, and sports medicine. The basis of the exposure to the sound waves that drive the circulation of the body to the desired Position, that stimulates the regenerative processes and accelerates the metabolism. This relatively new method already shows significant results in the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system and one of the most popular.
- Building muscle in osteoarthritis is aimed at the recovery of the muscles, loose because of the forced restriction of movement in the joint.
- Phonophoresis combines the advantages of the use of ultrasound and medical effects on the body: under the influence of the device, a pharmaceutical preparation in the Form of an ointment or cream efficiently penetrates through the skin to the hip joint.
- Ozone reduces the discomfort and stimulates the growth of cartilage due to the properties of ozone-oxygen mixture.
- Physiotherapy is considered to be the basis for a successful treatment of osteoarthritis localization: regular special System of exercises to strengthen the ligaments and muscles surrounding the diseased joint, which reduces the complaints in the usual daily stresses.
- Massage (including lymphatic drainage) and manual therapy aimed at the passive-work with muscles, ligaments and joint. Approaches, to reduce the -- the support of people with hip, the need for pills and injections, what are the pharmacological stress for the body.
- Mechano-therapy, communication with devices, which help the joint to exercise without significant physical effort, which is particularly relevant in patients in advanced age.
- Traction in the joints with the help of special traction machine, or by Hand, the chiropractor increases the space within the joint, which "throws" of the pathological process on several levels, the relief of the symptoms and give your body the time to restore the function of the hip joint.
All patients with hip, but most importantly for patients with obesity. Losing weight reduces the load on the inflamed joint and improves metabolism. In combination with other conservative methods, a balanced diet, forget about pain syndrome and other manifestations of osteoarthritis of the hip joint forms.
This group includes the procedures that a surgeon in an operating room. All of them, except for puncture of the hip joint require hospitalization and months of recovery phase. In the case of coxarthrosis 3 degrees, if the conservative treatment does not bring relief, only prosthetics will help to release the patient from the discomfort and pain, and put him in the joy of movement.
- Puncture (minimally invasive procedures). means the joint cavity of excess fluid, which relieves the pain and improves the mobility of the legs. Can be repeatedly carried out, in particular in the appointment of steroidal drugs.
- Arthroscopic debridment includes the cleaning of the inner surface of the joint, fragments of altered cartilage and wash out its cavity a healing solution for the alleviation of inflammation. This Operation is cavity by means of several punctures, without an autopsy of the joint.
- Periarticular osteotomy — artificial fracture of the femur, followed by the splicing at a different angle, which reduces the stress on the joints. Such an intervention can't go back, not as a panacea — 2-5 years later the pain, however, under certain conditions, when the endoprosthesis is possible, periarticular osteotomy of the hip joint — the best solution coxarthrosis.
- Arthroplasty means the full replacement of the joint on the prosthesis, which can serve up to 20 years. Despite the complexity of the Intervention, it well patients of different ages who are ready for active Rehabilitation after surgery tolerated. Surgeons point out that an important prerequisite for the success of modern treatment of obesity, and the use of methods of the kinesio therapy with the goal of restoring the strength of the muscles around the joint.
Prevention of osteoarthritis of the hip joint is important, the people after 40 years, athletes and relatives of people with already diagnosed or hip fracture of the femoral neck. Doctors recommend the risk to keep his figure, the way of injuries (e.g., wearing Winter shoes non-slip soles) and to use on a regular basis. At the first signs of osteoarthritis of the hip joint, you immediately contact an orthopedic doctor. The treatment of the disease required by a physician-specialist, experienced and attentive to any change in the health of the patient.