Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, is a pathology of the soft foramina of mass is transformed into the bone tissue. It causes the constriction of blood vessels and nerve fibers. The characteristic features of the disease pain syndrome. It is located in the area of the neck, the shoulders, the upper back, of the head. Many patients, faced with dizziness, pressure fluctuations, nausea, chard air. Degenerative changes in the cervical spine is common in middle and older age. This is due to the vertical Position of the skeleton and of the peculiarities of the distribution of the loads. Doctors point out that the disease occurs earlier in men. This is done in 45-50 years. Women are faced with the manifestations of cervical degenerative disc disease later in 50-55 years.
The stage of the disease
There are several stages of the pathology, for each of the characteristic for certain Features:
- The first – a major feature of the disease, the instability of the spine. It manifests itself in early lesions of the intervertebral discs;
- The second – the main Manifestation is a projection. This condition is characterized by a reduction in the gaps between the vertebrae, gradually violation of the integrity of the annulus fibrosus. Often there is pain due to compression of the nerve;
- The third – in this step, the complete fiber ring is destroyed. This has the effect of incidents, the occurrence of intervertebral disc. For this condition characteristic of pronounced damage to the spine;
- The fourth – is the biggest challenge. In this step, with every movement of acute pain. Sometimes the condition is improved, but it tells about the formation of bony structures connecting the vertebral. This brings about a reduction of motor activity and disability provoked.
For this Form of osteochondrosis is characterized by special symptoms. This is due to the middle position of the vertebra in the neck and the low height of the discs. Because even small changes provoke serious symptoms. In addition, this Form of osteochondrosis is often accompanied by a feeling of pressure spinal roots. Symptoms of cervical degenerative disc disease include:
- The pain sensations. You are in the different zones – the neck, the neck, shoulder girdle, arms. Discomfort in the hands or of the shoulder girdle due to pinched nerves. Pain syndrome in occipital area, associated with cramps muscle tissue of the neck, and circulatory disorders.
- Weakness in the hands. This Symptom is due to the lesion of the motor nerve, for the Innervation of the muscles of the hands.
- The weakening of the sensibility in the hands. This Symptom is due to the lesion of the nerve root, include the sensitive fibre, the for the Innervation of the skin of the hands.
- The reduction in the motor activity of the neck, the emergence of Crunch. Such symptoms of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine are a result of the reduction in the height of the hard drives. The defeat of the joints of the vertebrae and the formation of bony outgrowths on the vertebrae leads.
- Weakness, loss of coordination and cause drowsiness. These symptoms are a result of damage to the vertebral artery. The formation of connective tissue and the displacement of the vertebrae provoked problems with the flow of blood in the arteries. As a result, a deterioration of blood flow occurs in the occipital area of the brain and cerebellum.
- Deafness, numbness of the tongue, decreased visual acuity. These symptoms of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine due to aggravation of the Situation and the progression of the cerebral blood flow below.
Methods of diagnosis
To reveal osteochondrosis of the neck, you need a whole series of diagnostic procedures. Among the most informative studies are the following:
- The nuclear spin tomography is the most informative study is that the condition of the vertebrae and the discs between them. This method also detected hernias are, their size and localization.
- Radiography – this method is one of the cheapest methods of research. But it is often meaningless, especially in the last stages of the disease.
- Computed tomography shows the presence of changes in the structure of the vertebral body. However, the presence of hernias, or spinal cord compression to diagnose in this manner is quite difficult.
- Duplex ultrasound – helps in identifying the violation of the blood flow in the vertebral artery. The method allows the detection of obstacles and the slowing of blood flow in the vessels.
Treatment of cervical degenerative disc disease selected taking into account various factors. This is done in dependence on the stage of the disease, a Form of the disease, the severity of the symptoms. Among the most important methods of therapy, the following:
- Conservative therapy, perhaps medication and non-medication;
- Surgical Procedures;
- The combination of conservative methods and surgical treatment.
The treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine can be performed with the help of such categories of drugs:
- Analgesics are non-steroidal drugs that help to cope with pain syndrome. You usually write in the form of tablets. It is to be noted that the majority of the funds from this category provoke Irritation of the mucous membranes of the digestive organs. To the modern means, often in the case of osteoporosis, take diclofenac and Piroxicam.
- Anti-inflammatory substances is the hormonal agent which will help to stop the inflammation and eliminate pain. Usually with cervical osteochondrosis tablets and ointments that are made on the Basis of prednisone prescribe. Also means apply with hydrocortisone or dexamethasone.
- Chondroprotectors in the composition of these drugs, the elements, the elements replacing cartilaginous tissue. To hyaluronic acid and chondroitin sulfate. A stable positive effect of taking such means long enough.
- Muscle relaxants – these drugs help to relax muscle tone. Their use in surgery and orthopedics as a further means of eliminating pain. Such substances are administered in parenteral route, because it must be under the supervision of a physician. In the development of degenerative disc disease resources on the Basis of glycerol and benzimidazola. It is important to consider that you have a lot of contraindications.
- Vitamin complexes. In the development of this degenerative intervertebral disc, the use of vitamins which have a positive influence on the nervous system diseases and improves the conductivity. These include B vitamins, shown, and Also other vitamins-A, C, D, e. Many doctor prescribe combined products, which contain vitamins and analgesic substances. To do this, milgamma compositum include. In the composition of this means of vitamins and lidocaine are.
- Ointments and gels for local use. Such means may – inflammatory different properties-warming, analgesic, anti-inflammatory. The most common drugs from this group include Nurofen, voltaren, without, the. Before the use of the specific means by which you need a medical examination.
Methods of physiotherapy
The treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine necessarily requires the application of the main methods of physiotherapy. Should be the most efficient method also the following:
- Electrophoresis with application of medicines. Under the influence of the electrical current and drug Administration particles to penetrate into the desired area. For the process of aminophylline and procaine apply. This can promote blood circulation and achieve the analgesic effect.
- Ultrasonic effect. By this method, the pain can be inflammation to treat and stop it. This technique also activates the metabolic processes in the body.
- The Magnetic Field Therapy. With his help cope with the pain and the swelling effect.
- Laser Effect. This method contributes to the normalization of blood circulation and helps with inflammation done.
The treatment of cervical chondrosis was the most effective, you should perform specific exercises. You appoint after the relief of acute symptoms. It is to be noted that during the lesson should not be pain or unpleasant sensations. The most effective exercises are the following:
- Lie on your stomach, sit with the hands in the ground, lift the head and Torso. Should make sure that the back remained straight. In this Position, you will have to remain for 1-2 minutes. Then gently fall to the ground. Make 2-3 Repetitions.
- The hands, on the belly, extend the head to the left and touch the ear to the ground. A similar movement on the right side. They make 6-7 times in each direction.
- Sit down and make breathing in, bend over. To touch the chin to the chest. Then exhale, lean back, throws back head. Perform 10-15 reps.
- Sit down, place the palm on the forehead. Slide the head on the hands for 30 seconds. Only 2-3 reps need to do.
- Slowly turn the head in different directions. To do In each direction after 10 Spins. Upon the occurrence of dizziness, exercise must stop.
To eliminate signs of cervical degenerative disc disease should be massaged in any case. Procedures should, if possible, gently, without effort. The movement should spread to the neck area, collar Phase and Zone of the back. Best Massage in the prone position. In extreme cases, the execution of the procedure is allowed to sit. The methodology is based on the use of such techniques:
- Stroke – refers to the effect on the superficial areas of the skin. With the palms of the hands or tips of the fingers need the back stroke, from the head to the upper third of the back. Also, you can use a zig-zag motion.
- Pushup is the effect on the deeper areas of the skin in the upper third of the back. To do this, the thumb and index fingers, the detection of the skin. This should be very careful, without the tissue in the area of the vertebral body.
- Attrition – the procedure is for warming up the skin and increasing the circulation in the collar area. It should be done very carefully, with no effect on vertebral areas of the vertebrae.
- Kneading is pretty rarely used, because it implies an impact on the deeper tissue. It can only make the anomaly worse.
In the case of osteochondrosis is quite possible, even to perform massage. To do this, you have to sit comfortably and the methods of stroking and rubbing the neck and shoulders. It is desirable to Supplement the method of rubbing ointments that pain to strengthen blood circulation and relieve in the affected area.
The implementation of the Operation in the following situations appear:
- The presence of neurological abnormalities – a violation of the motor activity, weakness or numbness of the hands, loss of control over bowel movements. If these symptoms occur nerves defeat be suspected. That is why it is so important to carry out the Operation for the removal of the compression.
- The presence of constant pain that breaks the quality of human life and does not resolve with conservative methods.
In the development of cervical cancer, degenerative intervertebral disc, such operations can be performed diseases:
- Anterior cervical discectomy and spinal fusion. Surgery through the front surface of the neck. The method aims at the removal of the affected drive, decompression of the nerve fibers and the Implantation of a special device to maintain the desired distance between the vertebrae.
- Replacement of the intervertebral disc. In this case, the affected drive will be removed and instead put artificial. Thanks to this method, the motor skills to succeed.
Implementation of operational procedures for the correction of neurological symptoms has a high efficiency. According to various estimates, they amount to 80-90 %. However, such methods are not sufficiently effective in the elimination of pain associated with osteoarthritis.
Cervical osteochondrosis – a serious type of pathology. In this area of the spine, many nerves and blood vessels are, for the nutrition of the brain. Apart from that, cervical sealing. Because even small changes in this area provoke bruising or displacement of the vessels and nerves. To provoke violations of cerebral circulation, migraines, vegetative dystonia, hypertension. There is also the danger of problems in the functioning of the respiratory organs, of the heart and blood vessels. For many people, hearing disturbed, decreases the visual acuity suffers, the coordination of movements. In difficult situations, cervical osteochondrosis syndrome A. provoked vertebral artery. This ship is the provider responsible for the blood supply of the cerebellum and the Medulla Oblongata. In the case of compression of the artery, the risk of ischemia of the brain and the development of the spinal stroke consists of a. The pathology can trigger the roots of the defeat of the nerves. This is shown in the Form of the formation of the approaches, the emergence of radiculopathy, loss of motor activity. The most difficult consequence of the disease is a contusion of the spinal cord that may lead to death.
To avoid the development of the pathology, should adhere to clear rules:
- To drive systematic Sport;
- To eat right;
- Vitamin preparations, chondroprotectors take prescribed by the doctor;
- You avoid a long stay in an uncomfortable Position;
- Enjoy orthopedic furniture;
- Clothes and shoes for the season to get, especially in Winter.
Cervical osteochondrosis – a pretty dangerous disease, which can lead to negative consequences for health. To avoid serious complications, you should consult in a timely manner to a doctor and to follow its recommendations.