Understanding the basic symptoms of these diseases helps to timely correct treatment and avoidance of complications, so that we described the differences in Detail in this article.
The establishment of the exact diagnosis can, according to the investigation:
- the General analysis of blood and urine,
- biochemical analysis of blood,
- Samples and x-rays of the affected joint
- MRI and examination of the synovial fluid, if necessary.
Arthritis — a disease, infection, errors in the work of the immune system or the metabolism. The primary Symptom of the Arthritis is an inflammatory process, swelling, redness and temperature increase in the area of the affected joint. The negative effects of Arthritis, and not distributed only to the joints: in the area of risk management, the heart, the kidneys and the liver. There are more than two hundred kinds of Arthritis with different manifestations and causes in the area of risk people are young and middle-aged. 18% of disability attributable to the Arthritis according to the statistics of the who
The first signs of the disease, is usually:
- sharp pain — in a state of motion or rest,
- Swelling in the area of the affected joint — permanent, or occurs in regular intervals,
- Redness and increased temperature of the affected area — you can feel in the handle,
- Stiffness in the morning.
Arthritis can occur in a hidden way — in this case, the symptoms appear after exposure to the provoking factors: Stress, fatigue, hypothermia, or infection.
Also, the symptoms are symptoms of inflammation in the body:
- the increase in body temperature to 38 to 39 degrees;
- Fatigue and chills;
- the changes in the blood sample: for example, increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate and a high level of white blood cells;
- Pain during urination.
The severity of the symptoms of Arthritis may be different, but the progress is not fast. If you are not flowing, however, the attention to the Problem of Arthritis in the chronic Form and cause a malfunction of the internal organs and disability: disability, change in the joints and extremities.
Treatment and prevention
Planned treatment depends on the severity of the diagnosis. If during the diagnosis in a patient with non-defeat of the internal organs, recognized, treatment is relatively easy. The Patient can be assigned to:
- anti-inflammatory and pain reliever,
- adherence to diet and avoidance of alcohol,
- Reduction of physical stress on the affected joint.
In the case when the disease organs affected, the Patient has an additional undergoes primary treatment program, the to your support:
- further investigations,
- drug therapy,
- a special diet.
Among the various forms of Arthritis, there are some serious disease, the diagnose, important in due time to:
- Rheumatic fever is an inflammatory disease of the connective tissue, the large and medium-sized joints and also has a specific symptoms: can drastically manifest and take place at various joints, as the change from one to the other would.
Rheumatic joints not deformed, but if left untreated it can cause serious complications, e.g. renal and heart failure.
The cause of this may be-transmitted infectious diseases: tonsillitis, otitis media and similar. In the risk group most likely to have children in the age from 7 to 14 years. Also on the development of the disease inheritance is affected.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis is a chronic disease, when the inflammatory process affects the joints and many organs. For example, eyes, lungs, heart, and blood vessels. Diseases of the connective tissue belongs to the group of the system. The most common disease-suffering of women after 60 years.
Progresses slowly, affecting multiple joints and spreads symmetrically. With the development of the disease, the joints lose their mobility, pain and swelling. To the inflammation of the affected joints, the characteristic appear to be nodules.
The specificity of the diagnosis of rheumatoid the use of specific laboratory investigations, that the conclusions to be drawn on their exact diagnosis. Rheumatoid Arthritis be treated difficult with the use of strong drugs. That is why it is very important to suspect, diagnose, and this disease in the early stages.
- Gouty Arthritis or gout — a progressive disease of the joints, the tissue from the injury of the exchange of uric acid in the blood and deposition of salts in the joint. It most often begins with the defeat of the big toes.
Gout usually suffer older people, predominantly men. But there are also cases of the disease at a younger age.
The treatment of rheumatism, systemic diseases, gout differs from treatment, e.g., an allergic or reactive Arthritis. The correct diagnosis and appropriate treatment can only a doctor.
To prevent the disease than to cure, therefore we recommend to pay attention, prevention, and carefully monitor their health:
- bad habits — Smoking, alcohol, malnutrition;
- to drive and develop the habit of a balanced sport — loading, Stretching, exercise, well-balanced;
- in order to strengthen the immune system — consult with a doctor about Mineral and vitamin complex, vaccinations against the flu.
70% of the cases occur in men older than 65 years.
Osteoarthritis — a disease in deformation and destruction of the joint capsule. Joint surface is cartilage covers the surface of the joint and allows the bones to touch each other: a free and painless movement. Most osteoarthritis develops in old age. It is also called "disease pianists and athletes", who often suffer from arthritis due to the constant strain on the wrists and the legs: hip, knee, ankle joints. Osteoarthritis, in contrast to Arthritis affects only the joints and contributes to inflammatory character.
Symptoms of osteoarthritis gradually, as the disease progresses. At the beginning of the development they are not at all present. This is the main reason for going to the doctor in the later stages.
The first symptoms of osteoarthritis show up:
- Immobility of the joint after sleep or a long vacation, the is fast of movement;
- a crunch, crunch and clicks, accompanied by a dull noise;
- Pain in movement and loading.
In the later stages of osteoarthritis symptoms more visible: reinforced the immobility of the joints and pain, the syndrome of the "fixed joint" replacement of the soft cartilage tissues to bony growths. The development of the chronic Form of the disease leads to an inability to move one or more joints.
Treatment and prevention
Osteoarthritis better treatable in the early stages of the disease. Also, the chances of a cure depend on the age — up to 40 years, get rid of the disease, is much easier. Under these conditions, patients assigned to control the loads on the affected joint, drug, and shock wave therapy — short-term effects on bone and connective tissue acoustic pulses of large amplitude low frequency: from 16 to 25 Hz. Be used, and other methods: for example, mud applications, electrophoresis with drugs. The chronic Form of the disease, and osteoarthritis in old age, not a complete cure. However, the qualified and regular therapy helps maximum control of the disease: stop destruction of the joint and to improve the quality of life of the patient.
In the course of this therapy, the doctor prescribes a drug treatment that activates the process of Regeneration, and also gives recommendations as to the way of life.
Primary prevention helps to prevent the development of osteoarthritis. The main principles:
- Weight control — extra weight increases the load on the joints;
- regular physical activity — gymnastics, Stretching, and moderate exercise;
- Selection of high-quality and comfortable shoes — the wrong distribution of the burden provoked increased pressure on the joints;
- Strengthening of immunity and protection from hypothermia.
Direct Comparisons Of
Above, we describe the main causes, symptoms and treatment options of Arthritis and osteoarthritis. In this Block, the short answers to a question of different diseases:
|Inflammatory disease that affect the joints and can the normal operation of the internal organs.||The disease is degenerative, the separation at the end of that. Affects only the work of the joints.|
|Develops mainly in people of young and middle-aged: 25-45 years. It also comes in children.||Mostly older people, as well as persons whose activity is directly related to the load on the joints such as athletes, musicians, artists suffer.|
|Manifest inflammatory symptoms in the early stage: pain, swelling, redness and rise in temperature in the affected place.||No progress can feel slow — this complicates the process of diagnosis in an early stage.|